Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Favorite Video Game Music, #22: Koopa's Road

#22: Koopa's Road
Super Mario 64



I described back in #30 how a piece of Super Mario 64 was iconic for me personally. The first time I heard this track, I thought, "wow, this is pretty awesome!" but really I was talking more about the Bowser in the Dark World stage I was playing than the music itself. It just fit seamlessly into the world I was in. A little dark. A little inevitable. And very dangerous.

This track rates this highly because it has stood the test of time very well. It's a great piece to have on your playlist even if you've never played Super Mario 64 before; it fits nicely into the category of "background music for an army preparing for/marching into battle". Just gandering around Youtube, it's a very popular piece for various remixes, another indication that it's just good music.

And, once again, it has an awesome opening riff.

No comments:

Post a Comment